VAT De-Registration in UAE
Who is having TRN
If the value of the Taxable Supplies made over a period of (12) consecutive months is less than the Voluntary Registration Threshold i.e., AED 187,500/ and he does not anticipate that they’ll cross the Voluntary registration threshold during the coming 30-days. The Registrant must apply to the Authority for de-registration in accordance with the cases mentioned above, within (20) business days of the occurrence of any of them.
Federal Tax Authority’s online portal https://eservices.tax.gov.ae/en-us/
Log in FTA Account and Click “Deregister”
1. Taxable Person Details are pre-populated in the de-registration application.
2. Provide the reasons and effective date for de-registration Please select from the dropdown list the basis you are de- registering for VAT, i.e.
- Business no longer making taxable supplies
- Business making taxable supplies, but below the Voluntary Threshold
- Business making taxable supplies, above the Voluntary Threshold, but below the Mandatory Threshold
- Other – please specify the reason
Status and Explanation
1. Pending: once the de-registration request is submitted by the Taxable Person
2. Submitted: after FTA requests for additional information
3. Pending: once the Taxable Person has submitted the additional information requested.
4. Pre-approved: once FTA approves the de-registration application and there are outstanding liabilities.
5. Pre-approved: once FTA approves the de-registration application and there are outstanding liabilities.
If the date of submission of de-registration form is more than 20 business days from the date the Taxable Person is required to de-register then you will be subject to a late de-registration penalty of AED 10,000.
For more information,please contact UAE Federal Tax AuthorityClick here